neon goby missing?

fishAholic

Reefing newb
I bought a neon goby last week, but I havent seen him in a few days. I was just wondering if this was normal shy behavior or should I worry? any suggestions for trying to coax him out if he is hiding? the only other fish I have is a firefish, and a few corals on liverock

thanks
Laura

its a biocube so its completely closed. Im really starting to think hes :death: since its been almost 5 days since Ive seen anything of him!

My Trigger fish ate mine but I dont think your firefish would have. ??? Maybe in the live rock somewhere. I guess you've tried feeding and watching for him. You could be right. Test your water. If it is off he's probably dead somewhere.

fishAholic said:
thanks for the help guys, turns out he was 'on vacation' somewhere and decided to turn up today, safe and sound. :whoopee!:

It took me 2 months to find where my blue neon set up camp. He would swim behind the rockwork and then in the blink of an eye he was back in front. Turns out he was just swimming through tiny little holes in the rock.

If he wasnt in his hole, i could find him perched in the corner of the tank about half way up.

hey, i just thought of a way to make my million.... a little fishy g.p.s. unit! then you will allways know where they are. hmm, but where would you mount it?

good one guys...but i think the american marine institute are a step ahead..that was the way the prove clown fish got back home..remember?? that article about clowns returning home???

Back