Neon Green Candy Cane

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I recently got an awesome frag of this and it had about 8-10 heads on it and a second piece that had about 4 small heads that broke off of the other frag for a total of $10 bucks. My question is that because of the way I positioned this frag there are two heads on the bottom that are shaded by the other heads and they are showing a slightly dimmer color than the others. If this stays like this will these two heads die because of a lack of light? I am running the Nova Extreme Pro with T5 lights.

They may loose some color,but I dont think they'll die.There probably still getting light,just not as much as the other heads.

I think they will be fine also. I have a trumpet with around 20+ heads, so it's inevitable that the ones on the bottom get less light. They are just smaller than the other heads.

I have one of these guys with about 8 heads on it. There must have been something tastey on the stalks because a hermit almost imediatly started cleaning. Well after a week or so, I noticed the heads starting to retract from the stalks. I removed the hermit to the sump and now the heads are starting to grow back. The hermit wasnt eating the heads just irritating the crap out of them.

They are a cool looking coral though

Brian

there is a head or two on mine that are doing the same thing but they are still growing. so i think yours will be fine.

Back