New 2 Spot Bristletooth Tang

Make sure you see the next one eating at the lfs before you buy it. I'm guilty of going by the word of my lfs, but thus far, they've never lied to me about whether or not the fish is eating. They wouldn't even lie when I asked if their fat mandarins were eating frozen mysis -- they said they're not eating frozen foods and wouldn't sell them to me under that presumption.

Make sure you see the next one eating at the lfs before you buy it. I'm guilty of going by the word of my lfs, but thus far, they've never lied to me about whether or not the fish is eating. They wouldn't even lie when I asked if their fat mandarins were eating frozen mysis -- they said they're not eating frozen foods and wouldn't sell them to me under that presumption.

The LFS I'm going through this time is owned my a friend of mine. He recently opened the store and he can be trusted. So he's going to order the fish for me and make sure its eating well before he gives it to me.

Good luck Dave. Sorry to hear about the 2 Spot, that sucks. I use Hikari Mega Marine Algae. It's frozen cubes. When I got my Kole Tang, that's all he would eat. I mix that with Mysis. He would spit the Mysis out and till he found the algae. He wouldn't go near the sheets cause of the feeding frenzy. Now, he eats everything.

Bummer Dave. I never had much luck either getting fish from the LFS you got that 1 from. The striped bristletooth I have now I got there, but I got it while it was still in the bag from the wholesaler. It never touched his system.....if that even matters.

Bummer Dave. I never had much luck either getting fish from the LFS you got that 1 from. The striped bristletooth I have now I got there, but I got it while it was still in the bag from the wholesaler. It never touched his system.....if that even matters.

Thanks Larry. That was quite a cool fish. I tried everything to get it to eat and nothing. I didn't QT it so maybe it had parasites or something. Who knows? Kelvin is ordering me the Yellow Eye. I know I can trust him. I might even be able to talk him into QTing it for me at the store.

Back