New 6 Line Wrasse

viperbjd

Reefing newb
I got him on Tuesday and ever since he has just been hiding...ok no problem there...the problem is that he sits in one place, doesn't move at all, and forms a slime bubble all around him. This has happened 5 times since I got him. The first time I thought he was dead. It seems to be coming from his back side. I haven't seen him eat anything but I finally saw him swim a little tonight...like he was drunk.

Does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

I don't know he is still looking funny and his back end looks like it is bloated...

IMG_20120114_155843.jpg

IMG_20120114_161038.jpg

In that second picture you can see his scales are separating...

I don't know what's going on...

Nope haven't seen him eat anything...and he swims funny...definitely not darting here and there...more like how a penguin walks...

Never mind he didn't make it...This sucks...that means I'm 0 for 2 in the wrasse department...Nothing else has died in my tanks...just the wrasses...The part that gets me mad is that it's stupid random stuff...nothing I did...oh well guess I should be on the look out for my next wrasse victim...

Hrm....have you bought them from the same place? Maybe you can tell them that all your wrasses keep dying from them. Maybe try somewhere else. Sorry to hear of your loss, though.,

No it was from two different places...first one was attacked and now this...I have other fish in my tank from both of those places...so random...oh well we live to fight another day...and get another fish...

That's the other problem around here interesting fish are gone within a couple of days of the stores getting them so going to the store a few times and seeing if they are eating a lot of the time will lead to you not getting the fish...especially when it's a good deal...exquisite wrasse $30...I couldn't pass that up...I know I could have waited with the 6 line but I was feeling bummed about the exquisite...anyway...

Oh I know I definitely get that, what I'm saying is that the fish come in on Tuesday and by Thursday all the new cool fish are bought already...there seems to be a local salt water boom where I live and everyone knows the fish come in on Tuesdays...hehehe

Yeah that sucks....sounds like they don't bother qt'ing before putting them out....so essentially, the fish come in from the wholesaler, they display it, then sell them within 2 days....no time for the fish to show signs of illnesses. Try ordering online, maybe from liveaquaria or someplace. Plus maybe those 2 lfs' use the same vendor LOL

Sorry about your luck. I am planning on getting one today and now I am a little iffy about it. I will check it out a lil bit before I decide to get it

Sorry about your wrasse. That reminds me of having a bad experience once buying a clownfish and it died a week later although it looks perfectly normal and healthy at the shop. I suspect those fish are injured during the transit or it has been put through undue stress during the period. It's very frustrating at times.

Back