New Addition

ok so i got some spinach i will feed him tomorrow along with some freeze dried krill? seems to like it along with the clown he loves it so maybe no more flake soon yay lol...now i was thinking of taking a seaweed clip and making strips of seaweed,spinach, and romain lettuce that way i can get the koran into eating some greens because the romain just floated ontop and the koran is not so good at picking atop the tank

The clip is a very good idea. You should also look into feed mysid, shrimp, etc. A variety of foods is much more healthy, keep the the frozen stuff though. Petco/Petsmart are great places to pick up good frozen foods.

um,very soon.....
stop feeding mysis cubes and flakes.....get him eating fresh green veggies ASAP....get him krill,scallops and table shrimp also...carrots will help him morph better,but in a 75 he may be to stressed to even start...i had mine since he was tiny(1.5 inches or so)..he as grown like crazy,but just recently started to really morph..its awesome to watch...they grow fast...good luck...also stop running carbon if you are and get a grounding probe...they are very sensitive and prone to HLLE...mine had a touch of it when i got it and now he just has a small scare
great fish though,,,i love mine

ya in the beginning of this topic

you totally misunderstood his point.

He is trying to get you to feed a quality diet, just mysid and flakes is not quality. Plus, the krill, scallops, and table shrimp are all frozen foods. Mysid is a good frozen food source, but it shouldnt be the only thing you feed.

Right little fish....
TBH ,i don't use mysis either though...its too little and my fish have big appetites and mouths...they need big chunks of food...,and your angel is no different...its a juvi which means he's growing like crazy ,,,you need to feed him big and well so he can get big and stay healthy..

ya i got krill green seaweed romain lettuce spinach and now i put the spinach romain lettuce and seaweed in strips on a clip did that just now seems to be still going only afer the seaweed though will see soon

I honestly never used the feeding clips...i just cut up all the food into pieces and toss it in...you could try that...maybe ditch the romain too..i never used it...try zucchini too...add more meat too,,,scallops ,table shrimp,squid,and clams...i feed my tank 3x a day every day ....like i said early ,you now have a juvi large angel...its going to want and need to eat...good luck

I've been feeding fresh vegetables to my new foxface, and at first he didn't show a lot of intrest, but I found that if I mash up small bits of vegetables with bits of krill, clam etc, pretty much all of the fish eat it...some more than others.
The foxface initially ignored seaweed/algae sheets, but now he grazes on it all day.
I use a suction cup from an old heater and rubberband a clump of greens to it, and stick it low on the glass by his favorite spot...

Back