New additions

When I got my green star polyps it took them almost a week and a half before they started to open all the way. I was getting worried about them bc it was taking so long but they look great now. I know it's hard, but just be patient a little while longer.

My salinity is at 1.029...... it wasn't that high not sure whats going on there. Could that be part of the problem?

Flow

I have a HOB filter that has a 250GPH power head blowing water into it.
1 Cartridge filter with the bio wheels in it. Its the 1400 or some thing. (largest petco had)
2 900gph power heads (1at each end of tank)

How much water flow is blowing across the top of your green polyps. That's what we are talking about water flow. They like to have a lot of flow on them so when the coral is extended the polyps will "blow in the wind".

Not sure there in the middle of the tank and on the lower half. Ill adjust the power heads to blow on them. What about the salinity will that be affecting them also:>?

Yes, they could be a bit shocked by the high salinity. I would work on bringing that down. Just do a few pure water changes. Do it slowly though, big, fast changes are dangerous. Make your changes slow and gentle.

Back