new adds

RigoSharon

LIVING REEFS INTERN
some new pics..sorry to boder you guys with pics of my tank AGAIN!!..i was bored!!..please guys post some new pics too..i enjoy a lot looking at pics!!
a condy i found today
DSC02725.JPG

does anyone knows the name of this algae?? it looks amazing..it was adeed to a small rock ..perfect..coulnd resist take it home..
DSC02724.JPG

full shoot ..again!!
DSC02726.JPG

another
DSC02723.JPG

my 13 y old baby..kendra
DSC02727.JPG
:sfish:

Nice condy, I love that purple rock urchin. What is that big yellow thing on the right side of the second pic?

that yellow thing bobby i was told it was a type of algae...but i dont know if is a marine plant...it is added to a small rock..very beautifull ...it waves elegantly in my tank...any help identyfing it and care will be apreciated!!

by the way ..the see fan is doing great..it has all its pores open and has a brigth purple color..i add trace elements every week...it seems he loves it!!

im doing some research..but so far i have found nothing..i tried melev but zippo..ill keep looking...ill keep you updated..

I'll look around also If I see anything I hit ya back with the info.

I bet john might have a idea.

so far ive never had prob with them...somtimes they mod their feathers but grow them again...here they are hardy..i just do water changes and trace elements once a week..

Just woundering rigo do you mix your own water or do you do water changes with water from the ocean?

i mix my own water using declorinated water plus instant ocean salt..really, i prefer coraliFE..i had to use instant ocean cause my LFS ran out of coralife...i never use the water from ocean..cause i could contaminate my tank etc..(i dont know if im wrong with this fact)..

Yes it could contaminate your water, but your tank looks so good and the corals look great so I thought maybe you were using the ocean water. They say if you use ocean water you should get it about 1 mile off shore and about 100 feet under water, anyway thats what I have read.

an update guys...remember the yellow algae?? the beautifull it was??..my urchins..i have 3 of them..one long spikes..red, and black...they eat the whole algae...this morning i saw them munching the algae..theres not even leftovers..hahaha....urchins are great algae eaters..i thoug the will not eat that algae..but they DID...well im glad i gave them a dinner party!!..

thanks matt...at least i gave them a banquet!! hehheh...talking about apetite..you saw how big was the algae??? they ate it whole..yikes..maybe ill go reefing today ..ill keep you updated...as always, thanks matt..have a nice weekend...

Back