new base rock

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Wow, it's been a while since I posted...a "while" meaning more than a week or so, considering how obsessive livingreefers can get (*guilty*)

I decided for my 10 gallon to go ahead and take a couple of my larger pieces of lr from my 45 gallon, and of course a couple cups of sand. To make up for the stolen lr, I bought 2 nice pieces of base rock for the 45. Looks ODD though, since they're SO WHITE compared to the older lr!

And you ALL know how annoying it is to have to rearrange your rocks after you've gotten it JUST right. I'm not happy with my current arrangement, but it'll have to do.

Should I expect any issues while the base rock gets established amongst my older lr?

I was so tempted to buy this orangemarked goby that was peeking up at me from the sand. I resisted because I didn't know anything about it. but now I read that they're semi-aggressive. So, that said, would it be ok with the 2 clownfish (and vice versa)? Or is it just one of those things you have to wait and see?

The good thing about owning a fish tank is that unlike dogs or cats, 1 or 2 are enough...but with fish tanks, you can get more!!! :bounce:

Nope, base rock is just rock that will turn into Live rock.

I have base rock in my nano that I got a year ago and now you wouldnt be able to tell the difference in it and LR.

With the goby I think it should be fine.

Back