New brain coral keeps floating away!!! HELP!

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
I just got a green closed brain coral about two days ago and I set it in my tank in front of a rock and it floated to the back corner! So the next morning I move it in between two rocks and make a sand pit so it will stay...well needless to say it floated away again and it keeps trying to inflate (since it shrunk from me moving it) but hasn't even had the chance to settle. I even moved my Maxi Jet to several different places and adjusted the angles and no matter what IT STILL FLOATS AWAY! :frustrat: Any ideas on how to keep it in a certain location? TIA

neither am i, most brains will not float no matter how hard they try. they have a heavy skeleton under the tissue that is suppose to not make that possible. i am wondering if this is even a brain. a pic would be great.

Here are some quick pics of it...

6ksd44p.jpg

8e1jtah.jpg

Whatever you do DON'T super glue or epoxy it to anything.Don't set on the rocks either,it will only damage the tissue when it tries to expand.Adjust the powerhead somehow so its only gets a gentle flow is all I can come up with.Strange that its not heavy enough to stay in one place.

Ok thanks. I dont really know how big the skeleton is everytime I move him it just feels like an air balloon with slime. I saw this little thing that looks like a root on his bottom side so I had shoveled sand on it but did no good. He is not moving no more but not in a location of my choice but im just going to leave it alone for now. The sun coming through my window puts a bright light on him right there and he is getting bigger. Thanks again for your help.

i am also guessing that there is just a little to much flow on it and the skeleton can not hold it down. i would agree with freaks post.

you can provide protection by building a little cove with some rock and putting the brain on the sand bed within the cove. it will be fine in that location

-Doc

Back