New Coral, what is it?

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Ok, got this new coral today. I was ordering some breeder pods from IPSF and got it. It just said "leather" It looks so familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it, anyone know what it is? :D

new-coral_185150.jpg

this shot was taken with my cell phone

Yeah...it's a toadstool leather. But can easily be mistaken for something else!!

It's shape will become less weird as it grows.

It's shape will become less weird as it grows.

After a while a bunch of little green arms with hands came out of the top. I really hope this thing grows quickly! When the little green arms are "in" this thing is..... well, it's just out of place in my tank.

C

Update on "the leather"- I can't even name this thing. I'm thinking, Richard? Dick? I don't know. Anyway, at night the little green arms go in. The little green arms make it look so cute, like it lives in the land of the smurfs. Anyway, the arms go in and the thing goes limp. I didn't get a pic of it this morning, I was laughing too hard.

C

I'm staying outta this one.:rofl:

And Catherine,I can see you trying to get a pic and not being abole to stop laughing long enough,specially after the way this thread has went:mrgreen:

Last edited:
it's a sarchophyton neon green toadstool - I've got one, kind of a slow grower, but so vivid. I wish mine would get bigger so I could frag it.
Mine looked like a penis at the beginning too, but now it looks like a cup of some sort.

Back