New Coral +

yote

In Memoriam
Camera play.
Yeah,I added another Acro last night.I really need to stop spending 10 hours a day at the LFS for a while.
Well here it is:
newacro-2.jpg

Heres my hitch hiking Urchin:
urchin.jpg

I never realized how fast they grow.

Hitch hiking Emeral crab:
P1000256.jpg

He's getting ready to molt.

And another FTS:
newFTS.jpg

Very nice frag...and hitchhikers.
That frag almost looks like a tort, but I would guess green slimer. It will be easier to tell when it grows out a bit. What did the lfs say it was?

I think its it tort. The store just calls em acros.I'm the only one there that actually trys to match the coral with the right name.Just gotta do a little research to figure it out.

Sell it for a dollar a polyps. That will be enough money to set up the 125 anyway you want. It would only take a few days to count them all.

Very nice additions yote! Is that a short spined urchin? I made the mistake of buying a long spined, now its gargantuan, and stabs me whenever I reach in the tank! Eats algae like mad, though. Thats a great hitchhiker!

Sell it for a dollar a polyps. That will be enough money to set up the 125 anyway you want. It would only take a few days to count them all.

Closer to a few weeks.That rock extends all the way to the back glass.And those zoas are just about to the back glass.Their growing just as good in the shade as they are in the light.

Jag,I think the urchin is a long spine.Not 100% sure though.

Yote, your tank is so beautiful! Love those Zoo's on the bottom, and love the new additions, way to get your frag on!

Catherine

Working my butt off on it:D
Actually,I was reading through a book by Julian Sprung at the store Saturday.Most algaes will produce their own nutrients once they get started growing.Which is why its so hard to get rid of.BUT,90% of that same algae cant handle an alkalinity above 8DkH.
Well,since my parameters are constantly reading zero across the board,I up my alkalinity back to 12 Dkh.And can see a noticable difference almost daily.
Plus doing a 25 gallon water change once a week.

good to know about the alkalinity. I'll have to go get a test kit for that now. No wonder the test kit industry isn't going out of business.

Yote,
if that is a long spine urchin, get ready for it to crawl all over any and every f***** thing in your tank, dead or alive, clearing off algae and coralline. Just wait til you get 1/2 inch of one of those spines stuck in your arm or hand, that's a textbook "bummer"

Yote,
if that is a long spine urchin, get ready for it to crawl all over any and every f***** thing in your tank, dead or alive, clearing off algae and coralline. Just wait til you get 1/2 inch of one of those spines stuck in your arm or hand, that's a textbook "bummer"

Already figured that out Jag.Thats how I found him,reached in to move a rock,and got a hand full of sharp spines.
If he gets to be too much trouble,I'll throw him in the fuge.

Back