New Fish Suggestions

KevinR840

Reefing newb
Hi everyone,

Well my first fish died after a long fought battle with Ich :(, and the tank has been fish-less for at least 6 weeks now. Any way's the tank has been set up now for around 4 months,

Nitrates around 10-15
Nitrites 0
Ammonia- 0
Salinity 1.024

I was looking into a Royal Gramma as the next fish and maybe a Gobie of some sort to sift the sand, I would prefer to stay away from clowns for the moment even though I know they are one of the best starter fish. Any suggestions y'all might have are greatly appreciated. Oh and, currently in the tank are a couple of turbo's, 3 hermit crabs, and a coral banded shrimp.

Royal Grammas are cool.But I'd wait and add that one closer to last.That way maybe it wont get aggressive.
Some sort of watchman goby would be cool.But keep in mind that they like tha carpet as much as they do the tank.

2 or 3 clown gobies(aka warpaint gobies) are also a great looking fish, one of my personal favorites are the pearlyheaded jawfish:bowdown:

That royal gramma would be a good one, I had one of those for a long time. Kinda hidey, though. Gobies can be shy also,but not the clown gobies, they love to sit and perch on your corals and rockwork. A dwarf angel would be a great addition as long as you don't have any LPS corals, and there are lots of cool ones to choose from. Coral Beauty angels are super hardy IME.

A Royal Gramma would be cool but like Jag mentioned,they do like to hide.Another good choice would be any of the blennies and cardinal fishes.All of the pseudochromis family are very vibrant,somewhat aggressive though.Purple,Fridmani,Blue Flavivertex to name a few.Careful,they may eat small ornamental shrimps like the sexy shrimps.

Give the flamhawk a look,i love mine,tons of personallity.You may want to add him last also,but i have never had an aggression issue with mine..

Back