New friend

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I tried for an hour to get a good pic of this guy. I hope yo can tell what it is. I was not able to get a good clear pic. He finally showed up at my LFS and so I broke my long standing rule of waiting til he was eating and had been in the tank for a week. He came in yesterday and I got him today. He is behaving as expected - darting all over the tank like a bat out hell. They usually do that for the first few days, then they settle down. I guess they like to test their boundaries. He picked at some Nori tonight, which is a good sign. He was not interested in Mysis shrimp, but maybe tomorrow. I will not be worried if he does not eat for a few days. What I am afraid of is him winding up dead on the sandbed tomorrow as punishment from the fish gods for being impatient. Hope you like him

-Doc

PB030009.jpg

it doesn't look like a clown tang to me, with the spot on the tail it looks like a sohal but hard to tell from the blurry pic.

we are talking all 6 inches of Sohal baby. Can't believe I dropped another C-note on a f@&king fish. They are SO pretty. He will be the only tang in my 125. I am adding a shark next and then I am done with fish in that tank. I will be adding some more LR and a few soft corals to the 125.

-Doc

I have to wait for just the right one before I get the brown-banded bamboo. I need one that is about a foot long to keep safe from the other fish. I have had the chance to buy several new-borns, but 7 inches is not enough shark to be confident in eating and he would either starve or get his arse beat in by the other fish. My lfs is going to check on Monday to see if they have one for Friday

-Doc

I knew immediately it was sohal!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: that's so awesome! congrats. I love it!

I will when he settles down and I get a chance to clean the glass. never knew how much more work it would be to have another tank in the house. It seems as if I just don't have time. The 125 has been a bit neglected. They will come, as some point

-Doc

Back