New here and new to saltwater

color_copies

Reefing newb
Hello all

I'm just posting here to say hello and give you a brief review of my aquatic background. No more then 15 minutes ago I finished putting together my first saltwater aquarium. Now I wait for it to cycle, then I can start adding the goodies. But I digress. I have a 60 gallon freshwater(brackish) aquarium that is filled about 45 gallons so I have space for my amphibians (three fire belly toads and one rough skin newt). I get yelled at all the time by people saying the toxicity of the amphibians will kill the fish. Well I've had them over two years and no deaths. I have a handful of fish, molly, barb, pleco, fig-8 puffer. I would say I have a good knowledge of freshwater but very little of that if any translates over to saltwater (from what i have been reading). I hope to have fun with this extension to my current hobby and I look forward to all of your insight with my tank.:sfish:

Edit: I forgot about my Cichlids and Bichir

Last edited:
Hello and welcome!! :D

I personally wouldn't worry about the "toxicity" of the amphibians as much as the salt being detrimental to the other animals. Figure eight will probably eventually start nipping toes, too.

Hello and welcome!! :D

I personally wouldn't worry about the "toxicity" of the amphibians as much as the salt being detrimental to the other animals. Figure eight will probably eventually start nipping toes, too.

The toads usually just hang out on their beach and the puffer likes the deep end so their on opposite ends of the tank, and everyone stays away from the newt, he goes all over the place.

Back