New lighting and started SPS!

kvcgsxr600

Reefing newb
I have run PC's for some time now and recently switched to MH and I'm very happy. I added a few SPS and now I just can't stop. I'm already getting growth from some of them. I started taking bad pics cause my hands got tired so this isn't everything I have right now. Yes I know I need to invest in a Tripod.

Saltwater204.jpg

Saltwater220.jpg

Saltwater226.jpg

Saltwater206.jpg

i like the ricordia and your bignose unicornfish, if your running PC's you need to take out the clam, its no where near enough light for a clam

Thanks guys, this is pretty much a frag / grow out tank now I will be upgrading to 180 gallon within the next year. The fish is a Valmingi Tang.

Dustin- I used to run PCs now I have MH. Even so that is a dersa clam which can be kept under pretty much any lighting including T-12's. Although I would never put it under anything less than PC's.

Yeah I thought up the frag rack myself!!:bounce: Just kidding we kinda brainstormed on that one together but they work great. Only thing is now we dont have any mag floats left and I need one so I can try out my new MJ mod. Also thank you for the comments everyone, I have worked hard and spent a lot of money to get my tank where it is today. Also without the help and enthusiasm of a good friend (Vspeck) it would'nt be as fun. My plan is to knock everyone's socks off with my next build though it will be a 180 and it's in the works as soon as I get the stand I will begin posting a new tank thread.

It would be a lot cheaper to just buy plastic encased magnets or salt water inert magnets than use mag floats. However, I do believe the racks are a better use for magfloats than cleaning off algae, as the magfloats leave the algae in the water.

Over the years I have collected mag floats some of them for free. I think when we went to go make one I ended up finding like 4 just in a box not being used. Like you said this is a way better use. These are the smaller mag float that retail for about $10 bucks, but I get discounts at every fish store I go to, all the stores recognize our club and take care of us.

Over the years I have collected mag floats some of them for free. I think when we went to go make one I ended up finding like 4 just in a box not being used. Like you said this is a way better use. These are the smaller mag float that retail for about $10 bucks, but I get discounts at every fish store I go to, all the stores recognize our club and take care of us.
:bounce: I lived in Missouri during the flower power era and the race riots of the 60's. No body took care of anybody back then. It was a strange time. Probably quite like the south before the civil war.
:^:

Back