New lights. Cleaning reflectors aint cutting it

chbix

Reefing newb
So my efforts to clean reflectors are futile, there is tons of pitting and it aint worth it.

So looking at buying new reflectors is gonna cost me about $60+

I would much rather just buy a new set. The one I want is $460 and I dont have that cash.

So I was looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/48-4-ft-T5-Light...item45f536dbb6

Is this going to be enough light? I was thinking I could supplement with maybe one of the PC light units I have which is a 96watt as well.

Any thoughts? Its half of the total wattage of my 4x96watt PC lights I wanted to use but everything I am reading is saying with T5's the whole 4-5watts per gallon is out the window. Plus the T5 lights are cheaper and easier to find

For a 55 gallon tank? Those will be fine. My first tank was a 55, and I used a 4-bulb T5 setup and was able to keep whatever I wanted.

Those look almost like my Odyessa Fixture, if its the same its dual reflectors, bulbs they sent to me with it are crap and need replacing. But on the good side of things, I kept most corals in my tank, LPS, softies, and a few more hardy SPS toward the top.

I would prolly actually recommend the Odyessa Fixture(Pro) over that one, because it has a nice digital timer on it that controls 1,2,3 front,back, moonlights.

that light is awesome! Just what I want and built in timer!

Problem is the only place I can find that sales them is aquatrader and it shows out of stock.

Anywhere else sell them?

Back