New MANTIS !!!!!

texreefer

Battle Dwarf
After many years of saying im getting one , the chance finally presented itself. I dont have a permanate home built for it yet but, my fuge is looking like a great place for now.

Pics from the store:

Attachments

• IMAG0587.jpg
    IMAG0587.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMAG0588.jpg
    IMAG0588.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 311
pics from home after transfer

Attachments

• IMAG0595.jpg
    IMAG0595.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG0596.jpg
    IMAG0596.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0597.jpg
    IMAG0597.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0598.jpg
    IMAG0598.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 278
Nice catch. I was just discussing O.S's on RC. The only downfall to owning a O.S is that they are notorious for shell rot. Ppl wanna keep coral with them and you cant have both. Eventually when i get one i plan on a NPS tank with em.

If my research is correct the shell rot is due to intense lighting, correct ?

When I get my 90 back to where I want it, that will include a 40-50g fuge / mantis habitat, therefore the lighting will not be as intense as the display. This will also be a display fuge so I can enjoy it just as much as my reef.

If my research is correct the shell rot is due to intense lighting, correct ?

When I get my 90 back to where I want it, that will include a 40-50g fuge / mantis habitat, therefore the lighting will not be as intense as the display. This will also be a display fuge so I can enjoy it just as much as my reef.

Yea...i mean a fuge light shouldnt hurt em as long as he has somewhere to make a burrow and small pieces of LR to make it with...this is just my personal opinion so dont take it the wrong way but i dont think a fuge should be any mantis's perm home....thats just my :twocents:

Pretty lil fellow....have you sex'd it yet? Male/female?

no offense taken, dont worry. I dont think fuge is the proper way to describe what im doing. The tank will be setup for the main purpose of housing the mantis, but will have many different types of "display quality" macro algae. It will be plumbed into my main system but will not be the actual filtration for the system. Hope that makes it a little more clear on what i want to do. Just didnt want a tank with nothing but rock, sand, and a shrimp. The macro was the only way i could think to add a little life to the tank and not be worried if it gets redecorated.

no offense taken, dont worry. I dont think fuge is the proper way to describe what im doing. The tank will be setup for the main purpose of housing the mantis, but will have many different types of "display quality" macro algae. It will be plumbed into my main system but will not be the actual filtration for the system. Hope that makes it a little more clear on what i want to do. Just didnt want a tank with nothing but rock, sand, and a shrimp. The macro was the only way i could think to add a little life to the tank and not be worried if it gets redecorated.

Thats awsome! This is also kinda what i plan on doing. There are a lot of cool macro algae out there and can make for a cool lookin tank, i just plan on more NPS along with it. Your O.S will be very happy! GL and keep us posted! :Cheers::bounce: Glad im not alone...since pwny stopped posting i think im the only mantis guy/girl here.

im thinking something similar to this :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWdhHEGFL7g&feature=fvst]Big Mantis Shrimp in a Marine Refugium - YouTube[/ame]

Back