New maroon clown

RNich34

Reefing newb
My mom is acclimating this guy as we speak. Or girl I should say. He's an Ora special. I'm hoping he's gold stripe. But we'll see. The list price was $120 at the store but I paid $40 for him. Can't wait until I get home. Pics soon.

imagezpt.jpg

Thank you. Apparently the stripes will turn gold in 3-4 months. Although for only being 6-9 months she's a monster already.

Ok. So it's been a couple of days and this guy is just staying in the top corner. He hasn't shown an interest in either anemone yet. He's eating frozen mysis and moves once in a while. Mostly just to ride the bubbles off the protein skimmer. Then he gets bubbles all over his face. Is it normal for a new clown to host a corner near the top? I know my old clown hosted a rock about halfway up the tank. Buy being at the top scares me. I thought he was dead this morning because he wasn't moving and was just sitting there. So I poked him with the net and he shot up. I guess he was just sleeping? But anyways. Here is where he usually sits.
imageauym.jpg

It's a misbar. I thought he had ich because yheres a dot underneath and then he turned around and I saw it was a misbar. Phew.

It's a misbar. I thought he had ich because yheres a dot underneath and then he turned around and I saw it was a misbar. Phew.

Oh I see it now! lol.. we have a misbar ocellaris clown :) Thank goodness it wasn't ick! I don't know what we would do if any of our fish had ick!

I love my GSMC. (Gold stripe maroon clown.) Mine too was ORA, but was no where near the price of yours. Maybe because its a mis-bar? Anyway, they will host whatever they feel like! Some host power heads, walls, rocks, corals, a hole in the sand......you never know! Mine has a nice rock that it likes.

Back