New member intro

Chris in SC

Reefing newb
Hello fellow fish/reef keepers-

My name is Chris and I live in Batesburg, SC. I live way out in the sticks on a farm and don't get to talk to many fish-folk so I have to do that on sites like this one. I have been fish-keeping for over 45 years, in salt for over 40 ( back when nobody really knew a whole lot about saltwater and no internet to learn ) and still have plenty to learn. I am kinda old school and not so up on the newest technologies. Barely know how to use a computer- but I am here, so give me some credit-lol.

I am here to learn what I don't know and share what I do know.

I am disabled and use my tanks' maintenance as physical therapy. Of course, the results of my 'work' are my mental therapy.

Chris in SC

Hello and Welcome!!!!

Why dont you start a tank showcase thread? We would love to see your tanks.

And i know what you mean about your tank being mental therapy, my tank helps keep me sane and happy

I am computer uhh.. challenged. I guess that's the PC way of saying stupid. My son gave me a digital camera and if anybody can teach me how to do it, I'll be able to post a pic or 2. At this point, I have not a clue.

Thanks for all of the lovely replies! I really appreciate feeling like somebody cared enough to write back. Thanks!
Chria in SC

take the pictures with the camera. plug it into the plug ( usb ) port on the computer follow the on screen instructions... let us know when you get there and we willl hellp from there!

Thanks. Everybody was new to this at one point. I have spent the last 5 years clearing land, building barn and out buildings, digging a well, putting in septic etc. So I haven't spent any real time on my tanks in years now. So I am kinda-sorta "re" new at it. I just lost my chainmail goby and a Pajama Cardinal last month-- that I have had since 1998 and it was because I wasn't paying attention to my tanks. Nitrates, if you are wondering....

Besides, no matter how long you do this, there will be something new to learn, something new to try, some new idea. It is forums like this that allow us to share info and stay excited about our hobby.

Thanks for the welcome to you and to all-- Chris in SC

Back