new powerheads for Christmas!

Every year, I ask for new lamps for my fixture. Every year, they say "What fun is that we don't want to get you lights!!!"

Holy crap it is true!!!

It is bullcrap. I am like, "Hey this is what I like to do so this is why I want it."

My family loves my tank, it is funny because now with all the corals I have and all the colors not to mention the rainbow of fish, they are all like whoaaaaaaa.

I am like yeah it takes work to get ti to stay healthy and I need this and that and then they are like uh yeah we just like to look at it.

I am like yeah better bulbs and this would look even better and a few more hundred on corals would go a long way.

I am with you but I kind of get stuff all year long but man I would love to go buy new lights or even just bulbs. I have to say bulbs are a rip compared to the rest of the stuff.

If i got the 40s, I would have them turned down until i upgrade my tank down the road. But I like the hydors so i added them to the list. My mother was like "how boring is that" and of course my response was "its a hobby that keeps me from strangling brooke!" ...brooke being the lady a.k.a cuddle buddy

I got two Sicce Voyager 4s (1600 GPH each) on a wavemaker in my 75 gallon tank here Voyager 4 Stream Pump 1600Gph;. These pumps don't have any trouble being on a wavemaker and aren't really any more expensive than the koralias. Between the the powerheads and the return I don't think I have a single dead spot in the whole tank except maybe some odd corners.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they seem to have a fairly direct flow but they're still working very nicely.

If I have time maybe I'll post some pictures of how I have them positioned.

yeah pictures would help, the bucket is a temporary fix until I move in 4 months, by then I hope to have more room for equipment and can better my overall setup.

Ok here is a photo or 2.

Don't mind the mess of wires. Normally they are neater and they are all labeled where they plug it. You can see my 10Gal tank and see the pump in the bottom with the hose running up. There is a PVC screw on connector on the pump with clear/whitewhite plastic plumbing piece screwed into the PVC to point upwards and the hose is connected to that.

I used PVC to go across but soft tubing for the up and drain spout. It actually makes it easier to do work on without hard PVC use the whole way.

You can also see the sensor in the bottom so the pump won't run dry. I am cutting it close but I like to be able to get almost all the water out if it has to.

ATO-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

This just shows you where the other sensor is, inside my sump. It is just to the right of the center of the photo.

This is the one it uses to know where to fill up to. You can also see the supply line up top where it comes in. A simple strap holds it in place. I have clear tape holding right now and it even works haha until I get my ties in place.

I was doing work in there.

Carbon-Dump by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Finally this is a whole shot. It is 2 I put together because I was woo lazy to back up and take a whole pic. You can see the pump and how it travels to the return area of the sump. That bubble trap was built externally as a whole piece and then siliconed in and it is very strong against the 2400GPH Return Pump with minimal baffle bending if any. The 2 things on the left are my Carbon Reactor and 12x Turbo Twist UV.

Full-Bottom by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back