new salt tank...

Theseas

Reefing newb
hello

this is my first post, i am new in salt aquarium, so i need some help if is possible...

i have a biocube 29, with 2 power heads , 2 live rocks and 3 small "dead" (white) levee rocks

and i am in 2.1/2 week (i use ready salt water from store).. i have use fritz-zyme turbo start saltwater 900 to speed up the process , and now my stats :

p.h 8.0
NH3/NH4 0.25ppm
NO2 0.00ppm to 0.25ppm
NO3 10.0ppm

i have some reef cleaner group inside my tank for algae... thats all , and my question is if i have make mistake to add the reef cleaner pack... and what to do to make my stats perfect so i start adding corals.. and fish...

(2 turbo snails are dead coz crabs need new home...) ...

thanks for any reply!!

Welcome!
Just keep testing and eventually you'll see ammonia and nitrites at 0, then you'll do like a 20% water change that'll bring your nitrates down (some are ok) and you'll be ready to add a fish!
BUT, don't add any living creatures while ammonia is still at 0. Hopefully you'll be there soon.
Any thoughts for what you'd like to stock your tank with?

no idea... i am still searching ... i try to find easy coral/fish for start until i get some experience .... any suggestions?

btw now i have reef cleaner group... blue hermits , turbo snails etc etc... bad?? u think i need to take them out?

It's hard since they are a clean up crew and right now you have nothing for them to clean up, i.e., eat. So, they are probably pretty hungry. How many of each do you have?

Lots of fun little fish for a 29 gallon. Check out liveaquaria.com and look at "nano fish" under the marine fish section. You can probably eventually have 3-4 small fish in there.

I have a lot of alge that's why I get them, I have near 20 but very small, tiny and 3-4 snails, 2 small small crabs, all was in the reef pack, I buy it specific for my gallons.
U think I need to feed them? Try to avoid coz of my NH3, I read some people drop food without fish so help the tank be ready...

So what do u think?

Thanks for the site btw I check now ;)

I wouldn't worry about feeding them if you have lots of algae. I am a bit surprised at that though, to have that much algae at 2 weeks? How long are you running your lights? I had algae problems til I cut my biocube lighting schedule back a bit.
How many pounds of live rock do you have? You want quite a bit. I am not sure what levee rocks are.
All you can do is be patient now as you wait for amm and nitrites to hit 0. There is nothing you can do to speed that up. I would keep testing every other day and soon you'll be there. Don't do any water changes til then.
Do you have a new testing kit? They do expire quickly and can give false results, just something to keep in mind.

To answer why I have algae so fast is coz i have use fritz-zyme turbo start saltwater 900 to speed up the process ....
Lights 8-10h max

I am Gona try to test again soon, thanks for all the help ;)

Back