New Scrubber Lighting

Ace5high

Reefing newb
I picked up a few things from Home Depot to improve the poor lighting on my scrubber (can be seen in my scrubber thread).

Here is the new hardware:

Lithonia Lighting OFL2 65F 120 LP Traditional / Classic 1 Light Triple Tube Outdoor Flood Light with Photocell

pACE3-8567567dt.jpg

Does anyone have experience with this type of bulb? Interestingly it was the most powerful bulb I could find (65 watt) other than Spiral CFL's, and it was the perfect shape to cover a scrubber screen :D

So this has become my new scrubber light, its pretty dang bright but also its 6500k. Now Ive been getting great results from my 6700k but its a Floral T5 with an unusual color spectrum, so Im no sure how well this 6500k will work. Any thoughts?

Ill keep posted on the results to come....

No,i just have been using the basic CFL's ,2 for 4 bucks ,or something like that...they have been working great...i just did my 3rd cleaning of my screen and am very happy with the progress :D

Haha, I know it looks like overkill but since im only lighting one side of my screen I wanted as much power as I could get. The cool thing about this light is that its made for outdoor and is already sealed very well from water leaks. I made a few mod's adding some mylar to the back of the aluminum reflector and I removed teh front glass and replaced it with clear plexi.

Back