New Set-up

Thanks for the reply Jasen,I think the panic is over,but yes Ive got a good assortment of shells,different shapes and sizes.When I got home from work the crab was still in the same place,but closer looking at the tank I found both my blue legs still in there :shock: looks like one of them had shed,thats the only thing I can think of.

you are right on. always keep count of the living and the rest can be explained. glad to hear that is what it was though. now you know. good luck with your system.

Yes it molted.I remember now the first time my shrimp molted I thought something eat the inside of it then a few days later there it was eating some algae flake

I bought a new shrimp last week and even knowing that they molted i was still scared... That shrimp molted within 24 hours of being placed in a new tank.

I would have never thought he would have settled in that quick.

bv

live sand

Correct me if Im wrong anyone. It was explained to me that live sand provides you with many valuable microorganisms that you may never see. If you do happen to see something. Let us know. Keep at it.
Burney

Back