New Shark! :D

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
woot!

Hi everyone I've been MIA for about a week and have been outta town but I had to tell you of my adventure....

me and Brent went to SF this week to drop his sisters off at the airport (they were going to hawaii) and we decided to go shopping down in little japan. Well, we found this flower shop and walked in.... in the back of the store were all these AMAZING FISH!!! so many different things I had never seen... half purple and half orange damsels, tons of different angels, triggers, an octopus, blue ringed rays... and SHARKS! :D

Well, we saw a marbled bamboo cat shark and I watched it for a while... Brent decided to ask the price and for my the 10in shark she was $30. Now let me tell you, these tanks were AMAZING!! clean, all the fish were vibrant and eating and OMG it was beautiful! SO I asked for the guy to get my shark and he told me I got to catch it! :D it was SELF SERVE!!!

LOL. oh man it was so amazing.... Sooo I now have a new 10in female marbled bamboo cat shark and shes eating and swimming and doing wonderfully... I basically dropped her off to mom and left for LA (we went to disneyland and ran some arrands down south for brents uncle) and then we went to a small place called gleanings to help make dried peaches.... so I JSUT got home with internet access and had to post :) I will post pics of her later tonight! :D

Hey everyone, this is sharkie we are all giving a hardtime too.:bowdown: The one that works at like seaworld. As soon as it gets too big for her tank i am sure she will rehome it..:Cheers: She is about one of the few of us who woulb be totally devestated if her shark died,:frustrat:

Yeah, if I had a pet leopard, I'd be totally devastated if it died too. That doesn't mean that I should have had a pet leopard in the first place.

What I'm saying is no matter how good of a reefkeeper you are, and how attached you get to your pets, there are some animals that you just cannot provide a suitable habitat for. And a 75 gallon tank is definitely not a suitable habitat for a shark that she says is ALREADY 10" long, and will grow to several feet long eventually. It is already too big for her tank, ltljoker. A 10" long shark is already nearly the width of a 75 gallon tank. Meaning, it can't even comfortably turn around in that tank.

Hey everyone, this is sharkie we are all giving a hardtime too.:bowdown: The one that works at like seaworld. As soon as it gets too big for her tank i am sure she will rehome it..:Cheers: She is about one of the few of us who woulb be totally devestated if her shark died,:frustrat:

+1 Biff..It's too big for the tank right now.

Yeah, if I had a pet leopard, I'd be totally devastated if it died too. That doesn't mean that I should have had a pet leopard in the first place.

What I'm saying is no matter how good of a reefkeeper you are, and how attached you get to your pets, there are some animals that you just cannot provide a suitable habitat for. And a 75 gallon tank is definitely not a suitable habitat for a shark that she says is ALREADY 10" long, and will grow to several feet long eventually. It is already too big for her tank, ltljoker. A 10" long shark is already nearly the width of a 75 gallon tank. Meaning, it can't even comfortably turn around in that tank.
You go girl, I didnt see where it said it was already 10 inch long. my bad I relucteantly bow down to your infinant knowledge:bowdown::mrgreen:

my tank is 19 inches thick and she's got 4 feet to swim around in... shes doing great and eating and swimming very well :) she has her own half of the tank and will be going to the aquarium when I leave in a month, just like the other shark was going to. This is just a quick for fun thing not a permanent home for her... I just wanted to still have part of my CSUMB intro stuff taken care of and the original shark was one of them.... thankfully as long as its any shark I'm working with they will accept it as my credit and thats what this lil baby is doing :) I'm aware shes going to grow, thats obvious lol.

SOOOOOOO don't worry! Not a permanent thing and shes doing great :) has plenty of swimming room and turns around great

Back