New tank inhabitants with pictures!

Amba

Ol' Salty
Just messing about with pictures of my new tank inhabitants. All feedback and constructive criticism is welcome! =D

SAM_0090.jpg
polyps11.jpg
SAM_0073.jpg
polyps.jpg
Zoas.jpg

Amba's 29 Gallon Invert Extravaganza!

New Invert tank! 29 gallons with a 20 gallon sump and obnoxiously extensive plumbing. Going to replace the hood with better LED perhaps eventually. Plumbing will be a syphon overflow into the sump, and a pump going back up through 1'' PVC. One output, two input (from overflow) and one emergency drain to make it easier to change my water. Protein skimmer underneath. Should be a fun project! :D

SAM_0108.jpg

Re: Amba's 29 Gallon Invert Extravaganza!

very nice welcome to the 29G clun, lol i would move it away from the window though , if not youll have some bad algae issues later

very nice welcome to the 29G clun, lol i would move it away from the window though , if not youll have some bad algae issues later

I am either going to put a UV resistant backing on the tank, or buy some curtains. I put it there because I the room is quite full, and because I am out of outlets! I for sure won't leave it open like that though.

If that is salt I see in the bottom of the tank you are making a mistake. ALWAYS add the water first and then the salt.

Keep me updated everyday with pics i love your tank!:D
Even if you didnt even do nothing to it lol

If that is salt I see in the bottom of the tank you are making a mistake. ALWAYS add the water first and then the salt.

It is salt. As I was carrying my giant bag of salt it started to rip so I panic threw it in there so it wouldn't get in my carpet. That's all that was in there, I mixed the rest of the saltwater in 5 gallon buckets.

Keep me updated everyday with pics i love your tank!:D
Even if you didnt even do nothing to it lol

Thanks a lot, I am gonna take some more pictures later, I got the water in and the light setup. I also have all the plumbing. Check out some of my other pictures in the Photography section of the forum. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Well, that's exciting, a shiny new tank, any specific plans for it yet?

It's just a little project to hold me over until I can get THE BIG ONE. Plans for it are Zoas and inverts, and I'm trying a neat plumbing setup which includes a wraparound 1/2'' PVC to drain my water into 5 gallon buckets for water changes/PANICMODE/maintenance. 20 gallon sump with not one, not two, but three 1/2'' PVC splitting from an overflow (two to sump in case of PANICFLOOD) and one as an emergency drain to a reservoir (in case of PANICPOWEROUTAGE). It will be cool, and I am replacing the hood with some sort of LED when I find one that I like. I also am getting new curtains for the window so I don't get algae. This will be flood proof, power outage proof because I don't want to PANIC. :mrgreen:

Back