new tank purchases

buddy08

SPS Addict
not sure which thread seems appropriate for this question but who do you folks recommend for large aquarium purchases? im having trouble finding one locally and am trying to avoid glass cages; read bad reviews with their tanks. Im looking for a 180g 72x24x24 if it helps.

If you have a lfs that you do business with, they can order a tank for you. Also, keep an eye out on Craigslist for something. I actually saw a really nice 180 in an upper class neighborhood for $100. I was going to grab it but, someone beat me to it. Then they relisted it for $700....lol

only LFS i have in the area would be petsmart; not going there. There is a nice store in atlanta and montgomery al but thats a drive only to find out they cant get what i want :[

only LFS i have in the area would be petsmart; not going there. There is a nice store in atlanta and montgomery al but thats a drive only to find out they cant get what i want :[

Do you have a phone? :lol:

Call them. I don't know of any LFS that will not order in big tanks for customers. That will be the cheapest way for you to go.

What store in Montgomery? Used to live in that area and there was NOTHING! As for Atlanta, well, there are a few. If your coming up this way LMK. I can clue you in as to which ones to avoid and who has the lowest prices on things. Some have low prices on differing equipment some on livestock.

Actually, I don't go for low price on LS, I pay for quality, healthy stock. Its worth the extra $$$.

Craig's List.....

......................you seem to get lots of extra free goodies that way...

I got my drilled 95, sump, 5 gal Searchem salt, pumps, skimmer, lots of junk, a bag of sea sand, scrapers, grabbers, lights, full fancy swancy stand with doors, heater, stand pipes, & more... $450.

.. how much did I spend after that to get it to where it is now?..... Don't even ask!

Last edited:
Back