New Tank

Aries85

Reefing newb
So I have a question for everyone out there. I am thinking of doing a Nano tank for my bedroom. I was thinking of doing a 12g Nanocube Reef Setup. I have a question about the lights though. I defiantly want to be able to keep some of higher demanding lighting corals, but I am debating what light to get. I have it narrowed down to 2. I was thinking either

24 inch Sunpod 150watts HQI 14,000k or
20 inch Sunpod 70watts HQI 14k watt.

With either of those two light it should give me about 5.8 with the 70w or 12.6 with the 150w. I was thinking of doing some Acropora and some SPS corals. Which lighting would be better for Corals of that type?

Thanks Biff thats what I was thinking. Someone from the local Reef club has one up for sale for 160, and thats probably the one I am going to get.

I say 150 also.
Be for warned,look out for possible heat issues and mucho evaporations.SPS in a nano will suck the calcium out the ying yang too.I'm not trying to discourage you...just want to get that info out.

Yes Reef I had planned on the evaporation and the heat issue, but not the calcium. I really never thought of the issue with the calcium.

150 for high light stuff, but on a tank that small you might likely end up needing a chiller too.

Back