New tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i agree with biff as nice as this guy seems and maybe he really out just to help you and we hope he is but in reality he is still needing to make money to keep his business afloat

yeah defiantly... but he is a cool guy he talked to me about his new freshwater set up that he built and his own tank.
Oh and the store kept my 3 fish and shrimp and fed them and everything for 3ish weeks and charged me $30 with no tax. Its a really good store. But I will defiantly keep that in mind.

It sounds like a good place, Stag. I wish the rest of us could find LFS that we could rely on like that...

Great Fish Stores are super hard to find, both of the ones I frequent are run by very knowledgable stoners, some of the associates are not so smart but they learn them up right.

Stag Im happy for you that you found a good fish place.

yeah it sucks right now...im in jazz class and after this im going to the LFS and take pics of the tank and talk about it....I just want to leave the class and go. Yeah the store is cool, I know everyone there and I do all of my business there so they like me. Ill post pics later of the tanks they have.

So I got pics for ya. I want the 125 if it will fit then ill probably go with the 125.
90-
DSC01490.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

125-
DSC01488.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

If I had the resources to economically obtain a tank from a custom fabricator such as glass cages I would definitely not settle for a outdated/outmoded,poorly designed "reef ready" tank from a LFS , no matter how nice the LFS guy is. Since when is $30 a good price for feeding a few fish and or shrimp for a short while? The man is first and foremost a LFS operator, and in todays business world that is a very difficult store to successfully operate at any kind of profit. Restaurants are probably the only less successful businesses. Research back wall overflows and closed loop circulation. Do not start out in Reefing tied down by poor equipment such as "reef ready tanks" with little overflow bulkheads and the therefore required use of ugly, unsightly, heat producing power heads. And do not waste precious in tank space with huge overflow towers and power heads. Ratchet it up a notch or two and join the real world of reefing with closed loop circulation and a back wall overflow. Check with the professionals, its what they use, not "reef ready" tanks, which were under designed from the beginning. THe reef ready tanks I have to buy when they are all that are available get their space robbing, poorly designed, overflow boxes cut out and get drilled for back wall overflows and closed loop circulation. No towers or ugly power heads in the tank. Just one overflow box from http:/glass-holes.com and lots of live rock, deep sand bed, and wall to wall SPS corals. Please do not waste your heart, dreams, time and money on the average outdated reef ready tank systems so often being set up, if you can afford a custom tank or have the ambition to set up a tank you can have custom drilled.

Last edited:
you do have a good point.
I just looked at glass cages and I can get a 135 cheaper than a 125 wide tank.....

So it looks like im going to be going with a 135 if it will fit.
So cross your fingers that it will fit because if it does im placing the order at glasscages for a 135

If you are going to order a custom tank listen to Fatman and get it drilled for dual overflows and a closed loop. You'll regret it if you dont!

So I just got back from the apartment and the spot we are going to put the fish tank is 109.5 Inches Long

So its official I will be getting the 135 instead of the 90

2 Clownfish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Naso tang
1 Goby
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 magnificent foxface

2 Skunk Shrimp
3 Peppermint shrimp
1 Sexy shrimp