New to corals

Everyone really talked up the Duncan so I'm excited to see how he does, I keep watching out the window for the fedex overnight guy!
Here is my 'before' and 'after' - The first is about the size of 3 marbles, the second is softball size! All in about 15 months! Oh, and my superglue gel lasts for maybe 3 plugs, or two plugs and my fingers! :)

Attachments

• Duncan.jpg
    Duncan.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 209
  • CIMG3915.jpg
    CIMG3915.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Welcome! The biocube 14 was my first tank. Are you using the bioballs that came with it?

If you want to save on glue, look into IC Glue. I paid 5 bucks for a tube that's like 7 inches by 1.5 inches. It's A LOT of glue. :)

Welcome! The biocube 14 was my first tank. Are you using the bioballs that came with it?

If you want to save on glue, look into IC Glue. I paid 5 bucks for a tube that's like 7 inches by 1.5 inches. It's A LOT of glue. :)

I started with the bioballs in there, but, as I did more research I saw that most people advised against it. So, I have been removing them slowly and rinsing the ones still in there with old tank water every 6-7 days...
DAvis, Your before pic looks just like my Duncan now, thank goodness, I keep looking at him thinking, is this right? Can't wait for him to look like your "after" pic.
I was sent 2 free palys/zoos and they don't look the happiest, maybe they want to be higher and closer to the light, I moved the one up a bit.
One is the ugliest brown. Actually, they both looked ugly brown then I flipped my actinic (sp?) lights on high and one looks very green now.
The orange ric. mushroom is pretty sad too, looks bleached out. Oh something else to agonize over!

Back