New to Reefing!

JohnnyD44

Reefing newb
I'm slowly, slowly slowly beginning to plan my reef system. I currently have a 55G fresh water, and I plan to drain and reuse that tank. I am also kicking around the idea of a 54G corner tank.

My main dilema is how to fit a sump into the cabinet of my tank. I'm slowly reading up on sumps and after some reseach I've discovered I can fit a 20G sump in my cabinet which will work just great. If I want to put a 54G corner set-up, what is the biggest size sump I can fit in the cabient for a 54G corner tank, and will it be sufficient to work on a 54G reef system.

The reason I'm leaning towards a 54G is for physical space reasons and I think it will look overall better than my 55G, just the sump has worried about the 54G corner.

Thanks!!

~ Johnny

I have heard that lighting can be an issue with corner tanks. I personally do not have any experience with a corner tank.

The fact that you are planning, means that you are off to a great start :D It help and saved me tons.

The other issue with corner tanks is that you lost a lot of swimming room for the fish, they like longer distance to swim, also the curved bow can really bother a lot people's eyes. Spend some time looking into full, bowfront tanks before you commit.

Back