New to site and SW

Hello everyone,
Been a couple weeks since I posted so I thought I would put in an update on the tank. All has been well with my setup since the lost of the CBB. All of my fish seem to be doing very well and are healthy. I was a little worried about one of the mandarins, he lost most of his fines for a few days but they have grown back and looks good now. Nitates still hovering around 20. Still working on that.

What part of Indianapolis are you from? I am originally from New Castle and lived a few years in Broad Ripple and Noblesville.

It has been since April 2009 that I posted in this thread, but alot has happened to my set up since then so time for an update. First I lost all of my fish to ich back in October. Thanks to my powder blue tang, and my failure to QT my fish. So once all the fish were gone, I added 45lbs of live rock, converted my sump to a fuge, and most recently added a very nice leather toadstool. I am going to try the powder blue again, but this time he is in the QT for a couple of weeks and I am adding a UV sterilizer
105_0689.jpg

105_0686.jpg

105_0685.jpg

105_0684.jpg

105_0683.jpg.

Some more corals and fish and I will finally have the tank I have wanted for the last three years.
Here is what it looks like now:

looks good!! i added a UV to my system and have never had ich on any of my tangs. I think it is a great addition to any tank and also helps with the algae (if you have any). Good luck with the powder blue. I use too have one as well and gave him to a friend do to his size.

Thanks to you both! I am shopping for a UV sterilizer right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Welcome back ffm. Sorry to hear about you're losses. I think the UV light will be good for you. It did wonders for my system. Great looking set up you've got.

Welcome back, ffm :) That's what you get for taking so long to post updates!! LOL j/k

Glad you didn't get frustrated and give up.

Thanks for the welcome!!
And thanks for all the comments. I hope this set will be successful. If nothing else I ahve learned what not to do over the last couple of years!!

Ok today is the big day. A fish is going into the big tank. I have had a powder blue tang in QT for 15 days now and appears to be very healthy and happy. So after my routine weekly water change I will start acclimation to his new home. Hopefully some pics to follow later this afternoon!

Ok, so I went to the LFS, to get water for my water change, and well one thing lead to another and I ended up with the follow additions to my tank.

Going through acclimation right now, will post some pics later once everyone is in place.

Attachments

• 105_0695.jpg
    105_0695.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 105_0691.jpg
    105_0691.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 252
Just make sure not to add too many fish at once because that is one way you can give your fish ich. Make sure your firefish are thriving for a month or so before thinking about adding more.

Back