New to site

Holby_cat

Reefing newb
Hello all Im am not only new to the site but also the hobby I have bought a 40 gal setup with 50+lbs of live rock and 30+lbs of live sand and plan on starting from there. I got into this as a hobby for my little girl she is 18 mo old and just loves to watch her fish (a small 14 gal freshwater setup) so I asked the wife if I could try saltwater and she said yes. I have wanted to try this since I was little. I have allready found some good info on this site (like I have Aiptasia) so I thought I would join.:D

Hello and welcome to the site, glad to have you...and your little girl. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Welcome to the site. Doing a tank with your daughter will be alot of fun. My son is 2 and a half. He is at the stage now where everything is his, and he wants to pick out the next thing for the tank. You are gonna have fun. Don't be afraid to ask question, and or for advice. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here.

+1 reeffreek welcome to the great money pit.....oh I mean best hobby in the world. We are all here to help and make you want a bigger tank or more tanks or a new coral etc etc lol:bounce:

Thank you for the welcome all. I have just added my first creatures to the tank 15 H-crabs 5 snails 3 peppermint shrimp (first night allready ate some apitasia)and a small fish that I frogot the name of lol and yes it is a money pit and addiction but lots of fun!

Welcome! Your daughter is going to love this! I have an 18month old girl as well, and just started a 40g reef also. We have 2 clowns, she will see them on TV or in the aquarium books yell fishies and run too them, she also knows about the same time of the night to go in the kitchen and point to the food and shout FOOD FISHIES FOOD! Goodluck!

Back