New to the show

1. Get some water in there, preferably saltwater.
2. Don't try using those clubs in there.
:mrgreen:

Haha I'm working on it. If I only got paid every day! :-D

Yeah that might not work to well. I mean I'm used to hitting the balls out of the beach, but that might be a little tough.

You can build a very cheap refugium using plastic bins and a florescent light form home depot. Cheap refugiums are genrally not so aesthectical but you could hide them.

Refugiums are a cheap and easy way to get nitrates and phosphates way down and eventually this will be necessary for a reef tank. It is quite possible to build a sump/refugium that has a very low probability of flooding. Look at some the suggested designs above.

I'm building an overflow drain in mine. Drilled the whole 2" below the rim & it will drain in to my house sump which is 5' away from where my tank will be. Hopefully no wet floors if the hyrdo goes out.

I went and checked out the lfs and they have a Marineland Model 4 Sump for sale for 300 dollars. I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these and if it's worth it at 300. The guy at the store told me they can sell for upwards of 450, but I just figured it was just to try and get me to buy it.

Thanks

You can build a better sump yourself for about 50 bucks.
Please tell me how because everything I've seen it's going to cost me a few hundred dollars to do it. And personally I'm willing to spend more if it looks better. I've saved up for this for quite a while so money isn't a big of a factor.

Back