newbie: Has anyone used one of these 760w MH/PC setups from ebay?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by JAG107, Jan 5, 2008.

1. JAG107

JAG107

JAG107, Jan 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. JAG107

reeffreak

Buyer beware!

All sales final and a fire hazard would be my biggest concern.

reeffreak, Jan 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. JAG107

LionFish Resident Photoshopper

I have to interject here. a lil

We all have read the horror stories on these lights. but I went against the grain and bought the 1134 Watt 72 in. Setup,

I think they are Good lights, You get what you pay for tho. the connectors from the ballasts to the MH are were a lil loose on my light . I manipulated the prongs out a lil and Fixed this in no time

I have all my ballasts Mounted on a piece of wood and that mounted in under my stand up twards the top. I have not had any issues with ballasts getting hot AT ALL the Light unit its self is no hotter than any other light i have seen.

I know that the "company " has done a major over haul on the connections on the internals and added a heavier duty Wire stock

The lights themselvs,
    the MH i got are 15K, The color is cool but not much in the way of coral growth the Act. lights are not Blue enough IMO, so I will be Buying lights before to long

I am wanting a 10K MH and a 50/50 Blue. i think

I suggest you do your homework before you buy. Make sure it is the v. 2.x light

LionFish, Jan 5, 2008
  4. JAG107

Bifferwine I am a girl

But this is a forum! Discussion is against the rules!

Kidding.

I've heard good things and bad things about these lights. It is a smoking deal (no pun intended), but I do think that they have cleaned up their act recently and now are putting out much better fixtures than before. I think there are a few people on here that have purchased these lights and haven't had problems.

Bifferwine, Jan 5, 2008
    LionFish likes this.
  5. JAG107

LionFish Resident Photoshopper

Yup they are a blinding Deal~

[​IMG]

LionFish, Jan 6, 2008
  6. JAG107

NewPortRichey Sushi Anyone????????????

I've had their 60" fixture for several months now. No problems whatsoever. I do plan on getting different DE MH bulbs when these come up for replacement. The light has a + from me.

NewPortRichey, Jan 15, 2008
    JAG107 likes this.
  7. JAG107

fishbait I found Nemo

I considered buying one before I got my t-5's. the only thing that changed my mind is that they are from china, and ARE NOT UL rated. and I personally will not buy anything that poses that much of a fire potential that's not UL listed. don't want to risk my home, and the safety of my family just to light my reef tank. just my 2 pennies.

fishbait, Jan 21, 2008
  8. JAG107

jb61264

This is a great point fishbait...still a newbie at reef aquariums but don't need to be an expert to consider that a company who doesn't take the time to have their product UL certificated doesn't have the time to make a safe quality product...UL listing isn't a guarantee, but it does give you peace of mind that the company that manufactured the product went through some oversight and certification requirements...couldn't agree more with your post fishbait!

jb61264, Jan 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question