newbie: Has anyone used one of these 760w MH/PC setups from ebay?

I have to interject here. a lil

We all have read the horror stories on these lights. but I went against the grain and bought the 1134 Watt 72 in. Setup,

I think they are Good lights, You get what you pay for tho. the connectors from the ballasts to the MH are were a lil loose on my light . I manipulated the prongs out a lil and Fixed this in no time

I have all my ballasts Mounted on a piece of wood and that mounted in under my stand up twards the top. I have not had any issues with ballasts getting hot AT ALL the Light unit its self is no hotter than any other light i have seen.

I know that the "company " has done a major over haul on the connections on the internals and added a heavier duty Wire stock

The lights themselvs,
the MH i got are 15K, The color is cool but not much in the way of coral growth the Act. lights are not Blue enough IMO, so I will be Buying lights before to long

I am wanting a 10K MH and a 50/50 Blue. i think

I suggest you do your homework before you buy. Make sure it is the v. 2.x light

I have to interject here.

But this is a forum! Discussion is against the rules!

Kidding.

I've heard good things and bad things about these lights. It is a smoking deal (no pun intended), but I do think that they have cleaned up their act recently and now are putting out much better fixtures than before. I think there are a few people on here that have purchased these lights and haven't had problems.

Yup they are a blinding Deal~

Newcamandlight012.jpg

I've had their 60" fixture for several months now. No problems whatsoever. I do plan on getting different DE MH bulbs when these come up for replacement. The light has a + from me.

I considered buying one before I got my t-5's. the only thing that changed my mind is that they are from china, and ARE NOT UL rated. and I personally will not buy anything that poses that much of a fire potential that's not UL listed. don't want to risk my home, and the safety of my family just to light my reef tank. just my 2 pennies.

I considered buying one before I got my t-5's. the only thing that changed my mind is that they are from china, and ARE NOT UL rated. and I personally will not buy anything that poses that much of a fire potential that's not UL listed. don't want to risk my home, and the safety of my family just to light my reef tank. just my 2 pennies.
This is a great point fishbait...still a newbie at reef aquariums but don't need to be an expert to consider that a company who doesn't take the time to have their product UL certificated doesn't have the time to make a safe quality product...UL listing isn't a guarantee, but it does give you peace of mind that the company that manufactured the product went through some oversight and certification requirements...couldn't agree more with your post fishbait!

Back