Newbie....Help Pls.

Just looked at the ebay ad....

The pkg looks good, but you will see some action on that ad. I noticed 543 people looked at this ad.

I don't like used tanks. There like used cars you just don't know what your getting. Plus I'm sure you would like to create your own tank, and go thru the growing pains to gain experience.

Good Luck

Quite true. I don't think I would even know where to begin with something like that. I'll head out tomorrow night and check out petco and walmart and the local fish stores for a tank. Guess that's as good a place as any to start. Can't do much without a tank :)

Also people are always selling systems and equipment in the clubs, this site I sent you also has a selling forum with lots of people selling systems

Another thing you might want to try is your neighborhood, you can look in local papers and alike even garage sales sometimes will have tanks for very little money and worst case you might have to reseal it. Just a thought but I have done that before. I bought a 90G tank with stand and filters and heater and light and fish and water for 300 bucks. (got rid of the fish though)

http://boston.craigslist.org/for/145188504.html
If the auctoin above does not work out,this tank still look ok.Tank,stand,sand,rock,filter,and protein skimmer.I am not sure if there are internal pump or power heads for water movement.You will need a propper light to get the rock looking its best and for the coral you are planning for.The glass looks like it will good cleaning.The fish,I would say you could get credit at a LFS.I would not keep damsels.Then the tank could cleaned and resetup with the exsisting sand,inverts, and rock.After a few weeks or less the tank should be ready to restock with some new fish.For lighting type and cost will depend on the coral you want.You build a canopy top and put a retro fit or just mount a standard hood.A basic 4 x 65 watt fixture pc at 48" would be a good way to.Also halide set would be another option.
http://hellolights.com/484xcoluaqde.html

Back