Newbie - lighting ?

ReelNorth

Reefing newb
Hey all

I am setting up a 75 g tank on a custom stand. I will be running a 90 g sump.

Tank is 75 x 18, standard 75 dimensions.

What is the best lighting, T5, to have softies, as well as MAYBE some stony corals. I am selling off al my cichlid stuff, so I should have some money for GOOD lighting. Not MH - Hydro is nuts here in Ontario

I am in Ontario too, there is a dealer of some GREAT t5 lights right in our backyard of Barrie, but they are high end money. I have one on order right now, check em out at www.sfiligoi.it. They are from Italy, so you will have to click on the UK flag at the bottom to translate to english.

If you are looking for a little more reasonable priced lighting, check out www.reefperfection.com. Ian is in London, has great pricing and is easy to deal with!

I contacted the guy in London - Thanks Melonbob

What is a BRAND of T5 lighting that would work, and what features are recommended?

I contacted the guy in London - Thanks Melonbob

What is a BRAND of T5 lighting that would work, and what features are recommended?

Independent parabolic reflectors are the best out there. HO ballast push the bulbs to there max output giving you the best from each bulb. So I'd look for a HO ballast too.

I have found IME that the brand Geissmann for bulbs are the best & ATI the second with URI in third place. But that's JMO others may find other brands to suit them better.

Back