Newbie to this,Please Help!

As promised, I would upload photos. Status update: I drilled the tank, did the plumbing, and ran water through it to see if everything worked as intended. Total success! Sorry for the delay in photos compared to progress. Heres my latest pictures

Me playing "Wheres Waldo?":
DSC00923.jpg

Maxijet 1200 with sureflow 1600 mods:
DSC00925.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

1" Overflows and Return
DSC00926.jpg

Fuge:
DSC00927.jpg

Return:
DSC00928.jpg

Sump:
DSC00929.jpg

the works:
DSC00932.jpg

and video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk4B2SHc7wE"]YouTube - 75g DT & Sump Wet Test[/ame]
sorry for the low lighting, it was 12:00am and i moved the tank outdoors to the carport incase it overflowed (cant ruin carpet just yet lol)

Im currently building the canopy and i have purchased new t5 end caps to redo my lighting. I have a few questions to go along with this post as im still learning. With my sump, how do i go about marking "fill lines" and critical levels to prevent overflowing by adding too much water? When i tested the tank with water, it never overflowed and left my sump with roughly 2" of room to spare. I have 2 siphon break holes in my return to help with water draining from DT to sump but the guy at my LFS explained a method of marking the sump when adding water and removing water to ensure it never overflows but he was hard to follow. How do i go about doing this? Another question that arose, Are mag drives supposed to be noisy and if so, is there any way to make them quieter? The GF recommended a towel under the sump to prevent it from vibrating on the stands wood and possibly attaching a sponge to the bottom of the mag drive base. will this work? or is there a better way to make it quieter. The maxijets alone sound like boat props :shock:

Thanks in advance,
-Buddy

p.s. more pics to come :)

Back