Next Tang.

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
So im trying to decide what my next tang should be.
My tank has:
Tomini Tang
2 Clowns
3 Lyretail Anthias
Orange spotted Diamond Goby
Solar Wrasse
Starry Blenny
Steinz Shrimp Goby

So im thinking a Desjardini because thats the first tang I had and I loved him. Unfortunately he died when a small mini cycle happened in the tank. Im also considering an Atlantic Blue tang. Any suggestions?

I have had bad luck with the Yellow Eye Koles, plus they are in the same family as the Tomini so I wouldnt want to risk it.

Well... I just purchased 3 tangs for my new tank...

Chevron, Achilles and a Purple... I love them all... but considering what you have...I would say the Chevron would be my choice.

I am trying to introduce the mimic tang to my tank, so far so good:x:
CP_tang_choc230001.jpg

Mimics are cool ,they go thru a cool color change...i had one for years(RIP),but the purples are by far my favorite

Attachments

• DSCN1457000033.jpg
    DSCN1457000033.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 188
  • P7161667pt1.jpg
    P7161667pt1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 159
I am trying to introduce the mimic tang to my tank, so far so good:x:
CP_tang_choc230001.jpg

How big do they get, are they reef safe and can they be kept in a 50g – sorry for all the questions, but I’m trying to find a similar fish because my tank is too small for a yellow tang.

that is a juvi,my first pic in my last post is an adult...about 5 inches
I wouldn't put him in a 50

Last edited:

Ah man, I thought I had a lead on a Yellow Tang look alike, the search goes on, I know there is a type yellow dwarf angle out there but I can’t get it because I want a flame angel to.

I was about to say, those are some big fish for a 58 gal.

So I think my options will be desjardini, purple, or Atlantic Blue tang.

Ah man, I thought I had a lead on a Yellow Tang look alike, the search goes on, I know there is a type yellow dwarf angle out there but I can’t get it because I want a flame angel to.
you can have both if youtry to introduce them at the same time. I have 3 angels all small and 4 tangs in my tank goodluck. the lemonpeel angel is the one that looks like a yellow tang

Back