niger trigger

emmett0122

Reef enthusiast
so i stopped at petco yesterday after work and was looking at there saltwater fish and couldn't believe the shape of the fish almost every tank had very sick fish one had a kole tang its mouth was stuck open missing parts of its fins it was a sad site but the worst one was a clown fish missing its tail to the point you could see its spine and i mean the bone its self and it was still trying to swim and they had a niger trigger with no room to swim and look to be in good health so i went back today and bought it to get it out of there tanks before it got sick and died so its in my QT tank im going to keep an eye on him for a week or so before he goes in my DT

you are a good samaritan but i would leave him in the qt for more like a month if that store was that bad just to be sure

we have 2 petco's near me one there tanks look great and the other is always have sick fish and are the ones the ones that pick my first bta off a rock with there finger nails and is the same one i bought a flame angle and 2 snow flake clowns and i lost all my fish so im not going to rush it but i am treating the tank for ich and fungal to be shore before he goes in the DT

You're treating your DT for ich? The only real way to get rid of it entirely is to leave it fallow (no fish) for something like 9 weeks, until the parasite runs its course without any fish to attach to. After that, you need to have a very strict QT process. If you aren't willing to keep up a strict QT, then there is no point in treating the main display for ich

we have 2 petco's near me one there tanks look great and the other is always have sick fish and are the ones the ones that pick my first bta off a rock with there finger nails and is the same one i bought a flame angle and 2 snow flake clowns and i lost all my fish so im not going to rush it but i am treating the tank for ich and fungal to be shore before he goes in the DT
i would still leave him in the qt for a couple wks after treatment just to be sure

i would still leave him in the qt for 2 or 3 wks after treatment is finished just to be sure. if you are like me you are getting a nice collection in your show tank and it would cost big bucks to restock. niger triggers get BIG. how big is your system

Right now I have a yellow tang coral beauty and 2 clowns, I had a blonde naso but I couldn't get him to eat a and by the time I noticed there was a problem it was to late and a hippo tang that ate by me carpet new witch I do not have so I don't have much in my DT but it is 150gal and right now the trigger is in my 40gal breeder QT tank so he will love his new home once he is in there

I agree that he should be in the QT for at least a couple weeks.

Niger triggers are my absolute favorite fish. I had one in my old 150. He was the absolute best. They like to rearrange things, though so make sure if you have frags they get glued down.

Only the stuff I added after him. At one point I added about half a dozen peppermint shrimp (with the lights out, on the opposite sides of the tank, right on the backside of the rocks) and he waited right outside the cave a couple ended up in.

Only about half made it.

He looks good:thumbsup:

Suction cup fail:thumbsdown:
Lol:ROFLMAO: I was thinking the same thing about the suction cups but I wouldn't say it--- OMG, am I getting less critical? Nah:p:D
yea i know i came home from work and there it was. i really didn't want to go messing around in the tank since i just put him in there last night. so :p:p:p:p:p to the both of you

Back