No more tap water

Ariel110G

Reefing newb
:bowdown:That was my mistake 8 months ago, thank god for credit cards ( this tank is making me broke, my wife wants to kill me)
I ordered a RO/DI today:bounce:, so now when I get my RO/DI I guess I need to do more water changes to get all the Phosphate & bad crap out?
I have to say that my fish look healthy & I have 3 corals that are just growing, but I know that my Phosphate & Nitrate are high & I do have a algae problem.
I do have a skimmer, MegaFlow4 sump (its BIG) /refugim & a NextReef reactor with carbon & phosban all by seacam. I hope with the RO/DI now ill be good now.

Last edited:
i still use tap haha, ro water water is reverse osmosis, rodi is reverso osmosis and distilled so its almost the same

RO/DI is reverse osmosis water that is also run through a deionizer. Distilled is a completely different process in which water is boiled and then the steam condensed back into pure water.

Everyones' tap water varies so, while there are a few people who use it with no ill effects (or so they say :) ) there are many more who suffer from using it.
Glad you are switching over.
Did you ever think you'd be excited about an R/O unit? Ah, the things this hobby does to us...

im still using tap water, everything looks good. perfect ph no amonia or nitrites right out of the tap. but the nitrates are about 30-40 so....

but i found a cheap counter top ro/di unit for about 65 bucks. i think we have a winner, lol

Well I think it takes time for the problems of using tap water to show up, with talt water tanks for things to hapen it take a long time, but when the problems start, its bad.

Im getting my RO/DI today, & got the drinking kit as well so that got my wife happey, RO for us & RO/DI for the tank.:D

Back