no the top of my water

We need more info about your system. Are you running a sump or a canister or hob filter? Are you running a skimmer and if so is it set up to surface skim?

Yes I running a canister filter and skimmer. The canister is the fluval 406 and the skimmer is Eshopps hang on the back. I have a 90 gal bow front. All that is in the tank is live rock. No fish yet. I just wanted great water quality. Before I get the fish. History. My tank with the live rock has be running for about a year. My family and I when away for about 2 in half months. My brother was supposed to house sit and didn't. I came back and all 5 fish die and water was down to the top of the rock. Filter burned out and everything was a mess. Yes it was the middle of the summer. So I am just try to get everything back together.

Is there any way I can get rid of the white residue on the top of the water. May be by changing the in or the out of the filter. Or how can I get the filter to get the residue.

Is there any way I can get rid of the white residue on the top of the water. May be by changing the in or the out of the filter. Or how can I get the filter to get the residue.

Have you tried a micron filter pad in your filter?
Just a thought, have you ever cleaned the drain and return tubes to the filters?

I have mircron pad how or where I could put it to trap it . The return to the filter is down behind the rocks. The skimmer return is about 6 to 7 inch in the water.

Aquarian I did what you said last night and adjust the hose where the water goes back in the tank. I have it now to ripple the top of the water, before it was under the water about 5 inch. This morning everything is clear. I am going to keep my eyes on it for a few days. Do you think its ok in get some damsels for starters.

If you water is still clear tonight I would pull the micron filter pad out and see it comes back.

Is your tank fully cycled?
What are your parameters?

You may want to take a day or two and think about what you want for livestock in your tank for the long haul. Damsels are very aggressive fish and will limit what you can house with them. You want to add the most aggressive and territorial fish last so the rest of your livestock has a chance to make a home in your tank.

Back