not sure whats going on??

imdaring

love my reef
OK well my cocoa worm has been hiding out in its tube for about a week it will pop out for just a little and then back in it goes? now my clam has been almost closed for 2 days now?? whats up going to test the water tonight my PH on the meter is 8.00 right now, I also noticed today that my blastoma is starting to die off, I did a coral dip on it today to see if that would help any ideas, everything else in the tank looks great my frags are looking awsome, my red BTA are splitting so can't figure it out

a BTA splitting isnt necessarily a good sign, sometimes they split because they are stressed and they are trying to have a better chance at surviving by splitting...

what are you nitrates and ammonia readings? also whats your salinity?

i would do a pretty good sized preemptive water change if i were you just to make sure..

also, cocoa worms are one of the harder things to keep in captivity, not very many people have good luck with them.

Salinity 1.025
Cal. 440
KH 143.2
PO4 2.5 up
Nitrite 0
nitrate 20
amonia 0
PH 8.5

my nitrates have been at 20 for about a year now it was even like that when I was doing weekly water changes..
I do water changes every 2-3 weeks now

you need a multi meter to test for voltage you can get one at walmart for 20-30 bucks

and also your po4 is very high

I think I know whats wrong with my clam I took a book on inverts out and it says
a parasite call the tathrella Pyrgiscus a small snail that looks like rice found on the edge byssal gape.. I seen these and didn't pay any attention to them it says they will crawl inside and punch holes in the clams tissue... well they must be in the clam now beacuse I don't see then now is there any way to get rid of them!

Back