Nova Extreme Pros

Dakwan

Reefing newb
I know these lights are good and are recommended alot but i'm curious if down the line i'll regret not getting one of the (albeit much more expensive) metal halide / T5 fixture combos ?

I don't think so. MH has it's pluses and minuses you need to weigh against T5s. MH produce a nice shimmer in the water and in my opinion, have the capability to produce nicer colors. But MHs also heat up the tank more since the heat is coming off of a point source instead of spread out. And since the Nova Extreme Pros have individual reflectors, which increases the light output per watt of electricity consumed, an equivalent MH will be more expensive and use more electricity.

I've had tanks with T5 only, MH only and MH/T5 combo lighting before, and I prefer T5 only.

What size tank are you getting?The depth of the new tank is another deciding factor.I have to disagree with Biffy.IMO,with so many bulbs and color choices,I think you get better color with T5.

i'm looking at a 90 gallon standard.. so 48 long x 18 wide x 24 tall

After the advice i'm definitely leaning towards sticking with the T5's. Although heat shouldn't be that big of a deal because i live in British Columbia which had moderate weather year round

Back