Oceanic Biocube 29

Cking212

Reefing newb
Hi all! I'm new to the hobby and have the opportunity to buy a never used oceanic Biocube 29 for 180 dollars. Is this a good price? I've always wanted to set up a Biocube- but is this beginner friendly? Any advice would be appreciated!

Never used and IF all is working and IF it comes with the stand then its a steal BUT without stand it a decent deal. I would ask the seller to plug all in and demonstrate it all works including lighting.

I bought a used BC29 a couple of days ago. Paid a little less than you. It had been modified with a cartridge filter and UV - I've been researching options on setting it up (the way I want it). It looks like they come with a skimmer - most say you don't need one on such a small tank. My guess: this is to try to make it user/newbie friendly. I'm looking at clean up, set up, and live rock / water in the next month.
I'd say buy it, start researching, have fun.

Welcome to the forum!

It is a good deal w/out the stand for a brand new one. I started out with the exact same kind and had a really good experience with it. You just have to be aware of it's limitations like: fish, corals, inverts, etc... because of the size of the tank and the power compact lighting. There are some modifications and upgrades that can be made to the tank. Do a search on biocube 29 modifications and you will see what I am talking about. Ditch the bioballs if you don't do anything else. Take it slow and enjoy!

Back