Octopus BH300F Skimmer

Rushy

Reefing newb
Evening Guys, as most of you probably know I originally set up my tank with a 'Red Sea Prizm' (:pooh:). However, today I've gone out and bought an Octopus BH300F (HOB) Skimmer, but as is the norm with this type of equipment the instructions are shocking!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting this thing set up in a way I'll understand!! :bowdown:

i put mine together by looking at the picture i have never had this skimmer. it looks likeyou just need to put the pumps on along with the air intake tubing and just stick it in the tank put the collection cups up high so they dont fill with water and overflow.

i put mine together by looking at the picture i have never had this skimmer. it looks likeyou just need to put the pumps on along with the air intake tubing and just stick it in the tank put the collection cups up high so they dont fill with water and overflow.

I did that as well James, (thanks for the response by the way!). But I just can't get the air out the system and the inlet pipe to draw water, the pumps are obviously working but only circulating the water I put into the skimmer :frustrat:

I think somebody in another thread said to actually blow into the airline.
Other than that,I dont know.Never ran those skimmers.

I think somebody in another thread said to actually blow into the airline.
Other than that,I dont know.Never ran those skimmers.

After lots of sucking ans blowing finally got it to work Yote!! :mrgreen:

Only trouble is, is the microbubbles from the return into the tank! Does anyone have any idea how to reduce, alleviate, or is it just a waiting game, until the system has broken in?? Thanks as always guys :D

Those micro-bubbles should quit once the skimmers broke in.

Evening Yote! Thanks buddy. Got through plenty of 'Micro bubble' reading today, learnt quite a lot, and feel a lot happier about it. Had a little bit of a play with the skimmer tonight and tweeked the fittings a bit, and have managed to reduce the discharge back into the tank. I was more concerned how everything would handle the onslaught of the bubbles, but everything seems to be ok. The clownie was a bit bothered by it, but now I've managed to reduce the flow he's as happy as larry! My leather didn't seem as happy as it had been, but last night I moved my discharge from my pump to the surface to break that up a bit more, so I think it was unhappy about the reduced flow around it, more than the bubble invasion, so I've moved the powerheads a bit to compensate :D

Back