Odd Crab Behavior

Spaz059

Reefing newb
I know I've seen this post somewhere before but I just couldn't find where, I have a crab in the middle of my tank right now on it's back flailing around. It looks like it's changing colors so I think it's molting but I haven't seen this behavior anywhere else. My tank is still cycling, so any help would be great. I also think I have a Sally Lightfoot that has wedged it self in the rocks any tips of luring it out to get a certain ID on the crab?

what are the water parameters of the tank? It is possible that high ammonia and nitrites are causing your crab to behave weird. I have never seen a crab molt, so can't help to ID his behavior. As for the sally lightfoot, try looking in at night, it might be a more nocternal crab.

If your tank is still cycling then that is the problem. You should wait to add anything else. If it was a hitchhiker well, just wait and see if it makes it.

Yeah it was a hitchhiker and I did a small water change and it flipped back over and attached itself to the rocks immediately after. I'll see what happens when I get back home today.

Back