Odyssea Metal Halide

Hmm, BL1 said he has the 48" fixture and hasn't had any problems...

Yep, I've got the 716w 48"er over my tank and haven't had any issues. My T5s run 10-10 and MH 11-9. I don't use any fans to cool the water and my temp stays 79 overnight and rises to 81 during the day.

I just received my Oddysea 716W Metal Halide System Advance Plus. But I can't get the legs on the thing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Just a word about the Odyssea light. I bought mine about 9 months ago for my 75. The legs that come with it do not work so you have to call customer service and get the legs sent that fit inside the rim. I found that those also would not work for me because I needed a protein skimmer on the side and couldn't fit both on the side...a pain. I finally ordered the mounted legs which do sit a little higher...much easier to get your arms in the tank....for $25. I like them. The one thing I wanted to point out is the Odyssea ballasts are crap! The light might be cheap but plan on buying new ballasts. The one's I got from the company never did work and they make you send them back at your own expense only to send you back another one that does not work. I've replaced both mine with icecaps..love them too. Also, I run my lights on a timer. moon lights come on when MH go off, MH stay on for 8 hours and the blue lights two hours before and after MH....run on a cheap seperate timer.

Back