Official Application

Thanks for the tiip.I have the mag float but not that scraper attachment.Boy that will come in handy for the hard to remove stuff.

If i was in the club i would impeach you!:mrgreen:

My tank now looks like a green bomb went off in it. I did my water change and it is now greener than ever. Not only are sea hares not available here in this stupid state, I'm scared to get one after what I've read about them. I don't think I'm quite at that level of comfort to attempt. Will it get better with more frequent changes? 10 g 2-3 times a week? Or stick with one change a week and just ride it out?

And where'd Sexy go? Bring Sexy back. :)

Did you determine what your phosphate and nitrate levels were?

You can bump your water changes up to 20% a week and see if that makes a difference. You could reduce the amount of time that you have your lights on also. Try reducing the amount and/or frequency that you feed. You only have a few fish, so it's probably either coming from overfeeding or the water you are using. Where are you getting your water from? Before you do your next water change, I'd test the new water for phosphates and nitrates also.

Last edited:
just got back from the lfs. phosphates 0. ammo, trites and trates 0, ph 8.3. White lights are only on 3 hours a day and blues on for 6. I'll keep doing water changes every week and hope it clears up. My lfs did get me a sponge for my sump and said it should clear up in a couple of days. I have to clean out my skimmer cup 2 times a day. I'm hoping that it simply turned more green because I was messing with it this morning and stirred it all around.

Just something to think about,but there are 2 kinds of phosphate.Dont ask me the difference cause I have no idea except that out test kits are only good for one type.You might want to try some type of phosphate sponge.

Yes. Lfs did give me a sponge for the tray of the sump. We've decided that since we're Irish, the fish have decided to celebrate St. Patrick's Day early.

It is not uncommon to have phosphates at 0 and still have lots of algae, because algea takes the phosphate out of the water so quickly that it's being used up before your test can even detect it (one study I read about in school says on average, phosphate stays in the water column for only 8 seconds). So even though your levels are at 0, if I were you I'd assume that is what's happening and start doing things to combat phosphate, like Yote said a phosphate sponge.

Back