Ok got here are pics of my 40 gallon breeder

bruin01

Reefing newb
Ok just got my camera back so here are a few pics of my 40 gallon breeder. Also just got a Nova light with 4 bulbs for 80 bucks still in the box brand new from a guy I work with, also picked up a 20 gallon tall tank for a sump. So be gentle this is my first saltwater tank. But feel free to give me some advice to make it better.

Attachments

• DSCF0030.jpg
    DSCF0030.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 634
  • DSCF0041(2).jpg
    DSCF0041(2).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,574
  • DSCF0040.jpg
    DSCF0040.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCF0037.jpg
    DSCF0037.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 583
  • DSCF0012.jpg
    DSCF0012.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,025
There are 3 fish in the tank right now I took these from a friend who was giving them away, but I am thinking of trading them in at my local fish store but not sure for what. What are 2 or 3 decent sized fish I can put into a 40 breeder?

Thanks for the comments, also what corals can I keep with the light I have its a nova extreme 4 t5's 39 watts each, dont forget the tank is shallow seeing how its a breeder

You should be able to keep almost anything. although some sps may not do that great. If you over drive the bulbs and put in individual reflectors on the lights you could keep them pretty easily. Any LPS, Acans, Softies. or zoos would do great. I love 40B tanks. If I were to start over or go smaller that is what i would build. It looks great and cant wait to see pics when it matures. As far as fish go, a small wrasses, clowns, gobies, firefish, or a pygmy angel would work well.

FYI with the tomato clown in there, I wouldnt think of adding another fish until he is gone. They are really aggressive. I had one bit my hand hard one time, scared the shit out of me, splashed water on my light , and shattered the bulb. Boy was i happy when he went carpet surfing.

LOL ya the clown is just here till I can find something I really like, but in no rush so just going to keep looking.

With those lights, you should be able to keep anything you want, especially because it's a shallow tank. They are good lights.

You can probably comfortably keep 4 to 5 fish in your tank. A lot of the reef safe wrasses are awesome looking. I like firefish and blennies too.

Looking good for a start, I agree trade um in and get what you want, but for now let um season your system for a while since you have um. keep us posted. Rock work looks nice, good overall theme. congrats.

Back