Okay what is its name please

14 gallon nanocube

Reefing newb
This has a yellow to light green coloring depending on the time of day.yellow in morning after about two hours of the 14,000k its starts to take on a green tint.First to pics open next two closed after feeding.Should tell you it's the one behind the palys thanks have a great day

Attachments

• coral huh 003.jpg
    coral huh 003.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 283
  • coral huh 006.jpg
    coral huh 006.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 303
  • coral huh 007.jpg
    coral huh 007.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 285
  • coral huh 008.jpg
    coral huh 008.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 305
Those look like some bleached zoas or palys. Other than the color (which could be due to the camera) they look healthy, and they should regain some coloration in time. Did you get those as a hitch hiker? If so, nice!

Hey biff i just cant find these any where.I dont think they are palys though because they are just a solid mass when closed no separation of the stalks?will try to get better pics thanks.The plus is it was only a five dollar frag.But the color in the pics is really close to real life

+1 Biff. They're zoas. Unfortunately, we're probably not going to be able to give you an exact I.D because they do look a little bleached and we can't see the centers of the zoas.

Last edited:
well no thats the actual color green and yellow.I have never seen zoas that grow like that.after feeding and they are all closed up it is one solid mass like a sponge.any examples of zoas that grow this way would be appreciated thanks

okay so my camera sucks no those are not aptasia.those are little polyps like gsp only kinda brown.but thanks for the concern.I keep pulling them off to let what ever it is grow.They do kinda look like a pest though.LOL off to find more info.Thanks dana thanks lil fish"hanna"? happy tanks to ya

Sorry i thought i spelled it wrong mental note..HANNAH..don't be mad lol............PRC if those are aiptasia.i should stop selling them those are some kind of little star polyp.they are white,pink,brown,or purple depending on light and flow.and they grow in a mat just like gsp.my buddy has a 5x5 piece under metal halides and they are brown with glowing purple tips.but thanks for your concern.but that little rock has been in my tanks for almost a year now and they don't spread anywhere but that rock.and they never get bigger than what you are seeing.They just look like hell because i keep peeling them off and thinning them out to let the zoas/palys grow more.and you cant see it in the pictures but my clown fish fry play in those star polyps.Thanks and happy tanks

Back